Javelin Sports Consulting specializes in providing legal services related to all aspects of sports law and offers quality legal advice based on an extensive insight in the sports industry. The team has a comprehensive understanding of all the relevant legal, economic, and political aspects associated with the sports industry.
Both Shane and Jan are accredited sports agents. They provide agency services to athletes with the added benefit of being admitted attorneys, able to assist with contractual disputes and represent athletes without the need to outsource work to different entities. They are able to initiate and negotiate contract talks with clubs and facilitate sponsorship or endorsement deals.
We offer agency services in all sports including cricket (SACA Accredited), rugby, football, athletics, hockey and more.
The team also offers advisory and consulting services to national and international federations, associations, unions, clubs, leagues, athletes, coaches, sponsors, media companies, broadcasters, television rights holders and marketing agencies
Our legal specialization includes:
- Legal representation and consultancy in respect of:
- Litigation and dispute resolution (such as contractual matters, transfer-related and regulatory disputes etc.);
- All assortment of disciplinary proceedings (such as match incidents, transfer-related matters, enforcement procedures and anti-doping proceedings etc.);
- Ethics and disciplinary proceedings (such as preliminary and formal investigations, sanctions, and also in the context of eligibility issues and integrity checks etc.);
- Providing advice and party representation in governance and regulatory issues, contract negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements;
- Providing advice and party representation in the context of third party ownership, financial fair play and admission to competitions; and
- Drafting and amending of sports regulations and statutes.